Sunday, August 8, 2010

Stir Fried Macaroni with Chả Lụa


This is another of my mom's classic recipes that I grew up with. The dish actually evokes memories of childhood. I think anything that requires adding ketchup usually does evoke such memories for me. I'm not sure if this dish is actually Vietnamese or some kind of fusion that my mom created, but the use of the Chả Lụa leads me to believe that it should have that label. Unfortunatly, hubby is not a big fan of this dish which is why I don't make it very often. Thankfully, other friends I have made it for have told me they enjoyed it though...

INGREDIENTS:

½ lb. Macaroni
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Chả Lụa (can be bought in Asian supermarkets - wrapped in banana leaves)
2 Eggs
4 tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 tbsp. Dark Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Pepper
2 tsp. Sugar
3 tsp. Oil

DIRECTIONS:

Cook and drain the macaroni according to directions on the package.

Slice Chả Lụa into strips and set aside.

In a small bowl, beat to eggs and set aside.

Heat up wok and add 1 tsp. oil. Stir fry 1 clove of garlic until browned, then add Chả Lụa strips. Stir fry until browned on both sides, then remove from wok.

Heat up wok again and add 2 tsp. of oil. Stir fry 1 clove of garlic until browned, then add macaroni. If macaroni sticks to the wok, you may need to add a little more oil. Once macaroni is not sticking together and warmed up, add soy sauce, dark soy sauce, salt, pepper, and sugar. Taste to see if it is salty enough, then adjust as necessary.

Add beaten eggs into the macaroni and stir fry until eggs are cooked and incorporated with the macaroni.

Remove from wok and serve immediately with ketchup and/or hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment