Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pickled Plum Spare Ribs


This has truly been a transition period in my life, and I'm happy to report that I am slowly returning to activities that I have not able to fit in (such as blogging). Every day, it amazes me at how quickly Jory is growing. I know all the sacrifices are worth it when I look at my beautiful little baby boy.

This recipe is another dish that my mom makes regularly. I love that there is a little tanginess from the pickled plums. Do be careful though, it is easy for this dish to end up salty since the pickled plums are jarred in salt water. It doesn't hurt to add a couple more spoonfuls of sugar.

INGREDIENTS:

2 lbs. Pork Spare Ribs (cut to 1-inch pieces)
4 Pickled Plums
2 tbsp. Ground Bean sauce
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 tbsp. Vinegar
1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
3 tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Corn Starch
2 to 3 Bird's Eye Chilies

DIRECTIONS:

Add water to bottom half of steamer pot and boil water.

Rinse pickled plums as they are jarred in salt water. Once cleaned, in a small bowl, smoosh the pickled plums.

In a container that fits inside the steamer mix together the spare ribs with the smooshed pickled plums, ground bean sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, pepper, corn starch and chilies.

Steam for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, then serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment