Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Watercress Soup


Watercress is my favourite leafy green, and if you know me, you know that there aren't too many leafy greens that I actually enjoy. I'm really not sure what it is about watercress that is appealing to me but it's been my favourite for as long as I can remember. Luckily, hubby's aunt is actually related to one of the most prominent watercress growers in town, so we will randomly get large amounts of it.

Once Jory will be old enough to eat solids, I'm hoping he will enjoy watercress as much as I do, and he won't mind that I make dishes with it all the time.

INGREDIENTS:

3 Bunches of Watercress
1 lb. Pork Bones
6 Dried Dates
2 tbsp. Chinese Almonds
1 piece Dried Orange Peel
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Bring a pot of water to a boil, then blanch pork bones and drain.

Refill pot with water and bring to a boil. Return pork bones to the pot, then add watercress (make sure water is boiling when you add the watercress). Add dried dates, chinese almonds, and dried orange peel.

Reduce to medium heat and allow to simmer for 2 to 3 hours.

Season with salt and sugar. Adjust as necessary, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment