Friday, October 1, 2010

Banana Pancakes


Since being pregnant and not been able to eat bananas for approximately 38 weeks, I have found that recipes with bananas have been very appealing to me. So when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to give it a shot the next time I got the chance to cook brunch for the family. They were very yummy! I would definitely make these again. I think I might try it as a dessert next time with ice cream! YUM!

adapted from Rasa Malaysia
INGREDIENTS (for approximately 7 pancakes):

1 egg
1/8 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 cup Coconut Milk
2 Ripe Bananas
Oil for frying

DIRECTIONS:

In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork, then set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.

In another medium bowl, sift flour, salt and baking powder. Fold dry ingredients into the egg mixture, then fold in the coconut milk. Add the mashed bananas and mix until combined well.

Heat a small frying pan and add oil. Spoon batter into the pan (use your discretion in terms of how big you want your pancakes to be). Tilt the pan so that the batter forms a thin layer as the mixture is quite thick. Flip when lightly browned.

Serve pancakes warm with butter and syrup. Pancakes can also be served with ice cream as a dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment