Sunday, May 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies


Originally, I actually made these cookies thinking that hubby would like them because they were peanut butter. However, afterwards to my chagrin, he told me that he doesn't really like cookies. I don't know if this is a recent development but I guess the search to find a dessert that he loves will continue. I myself, actually quite liked these cookies though...and making them was simple yet fun with the little bit of creativity needed for the design on top of the cookies. Being SO pregnant though...I was still winded by the end of the process and had to lean over the sink to relief a bit of the pressure in my hips while washing up...I guess there's not much I can do...and I am determined to stay mobile!

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 1/2 cup Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg and vanilla extract and combine. Add peanut butter and continue to beat.

In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.

Pour flour mixture into wet ingredients and combine with a spatula until everything comes together.

Spoon onto cookie sheet using a fork to create a criss cross design.

Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment