Thursday, July 8, 2010

Roast Chicken


This is another classic recipe of my mom's that I decided to make when mother in law asked that I do something with a chicken. It's super quick and easy to put together and the sauce is great with rice! I am thankful that it was super quick to put together because Jory kept us up for most of the night last night and I was so tired! Now I totally understand why people warned me about trying to take advantage of having the time to sleep during pregnancy! I am truly looking forward to a night where I can get into bed at a decent hour and wake up after a full night's rest. I think I am at least a year away from that though...

INGREDIENTS:
1 Chicken (approximately 5 lbs.)
2 tbsp. Paprika
2 tbsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Salt
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 tbsp. Dark Soy Sauce
2 tbsp. Five Spice Powder
2 tbsp. Vinegar
2 tbsp. Sugar
6 cloves Garlic (minced)

DIRECTIONS:

Wash chicken and allow to dry.

Marinate with all the above ingredients. Please adjust seasoning as appropriate for the size of chicken. Allow to marinate at least for 2 hours, preferably overnight.

Preheat oven to 400 F. Cover with aluminum foil. Roast in oven for approximately 45 minutes covered, then remove cover and cook for approximately another 15 minutes to allow the skin to brown.

Chop up and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment