Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dak Galbi (Korean Chicken Stir Fry)



I am happy to report that I gave birth to a little baby boy, Jorian Ho Yeen Chan, on June 13, 2010 at 10:00a.m. which is why there was a lack of posts. I actually have not been in the kitchen since Korean night but I had one more recipe from that night that I wanted to add. Unfortunately, I don't know how often I will be cooking in the next little while as having a newborn is definitely hard work. This is probably one of the few moments I have found that I could take a moment for myself. The picture of my little one is what I'm actually seeing in front of me right now, which has allowed me the little bit of time to myself!

Hubby actually liked this chicken dish although it was a little on the spicy side so hopefully you will enjoy it too.

INGREDIENTS:

1.5 lb Chicken Breast (cut in small pieces)
1/4 cup rice wine
2 tsp. Pepper
2 tbsp. (heaped) Gochujang
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
4 tsp. Sugar
1/2 Onion (cut in strips)
1 Carrot (cut in strips)
1/2 Zucchini (cut in strips)
1 cup sliced Mushroom
Oil

DIRECTIONS:

Put chicken into a medium size bowl, and pour in the rice wine and sprinkle the pepper on top. Soak for about 15 minutes.

In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients: gochujang, 1 clove of minced garlic, chili powder, soy sauce, and sugar. Pour the seasoning sauce into the chicken bowl. Mix well and allow to marinate for half an hour at least.

Heat up wok and add 1 tsp. oil. Add onions and stir-fry. When they are beginning to soften, add carrots. Once both are a little browned and softened, remove from wok.

Reheat wok and add 1 tsp. oil. Add zucchini and stir-fry briefly as they cook very fast. Allow water to evaporate, then remove from wok.

Reheat wok and add 1 tsp. oil. Add mushrooms and stir-fry. Once mushrooms are cooked and water has evaporated, remove from wok.

Reheat wok again and add 1 tsp. oil. Add 1 clove of minced garlic and sauté until browned, then add marinated chicken. When chicken is cooked, return all the other ingredients to the wok. Stir-fry until everything is combined.

Serve with rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment