Friday, April 30, 2010

Thai Peanut Crusted Chicken




This is my last Thai inspired entry for the time being. I would like to dedicate this post to my friend, who is the author of the blog, Kitchen Slave (http://thekitchenslave.com/). She was the inspiration for me to start this blog. She had also inspired me to be more creative with my cooking. For the longest time, I was cooking the same few dishes that I had in my little notebook of recipes from my mom, but as I started reading her blog, I suddenly became aware of other cuisine. I was soon finding that I would decide on theme nights, I would spend hours researching, and I would be using new ingredients. Her blog is rapidly gaining an audience, and I’m sure you would understand why if you read a few of her entries. For those of you who are attending my baby shower, I am also pleased to announce that she is planning to cook the majority of the food, so look forward to a big treat! I am very excited to see her original creations! (Thanks C!! *hugs*)

This Thai peanut crusted chicken recipe can be found on the kitchen slave blog. I have copied the recipe in this entry for ease of use, however, if you have the time, do visit her magnificent site. I knew I had to make this recipe as soon as I saw it since hubby loves dishes with peanut and chicken together. Unfortunately, I was apparently a little too generous with the red curry paste, and both hubby and my mother in law thought it was a little too spicy (coughing involved). Thankfully, both my father and brother in law could eat spicy!

adapted from Women’s Daily Chicken Recipes

INGREDIENTS

1 cup roasted Unsalted Peanuts
1/4 – 1/2 cup Red Curry Paste (depending on how deadened your taste buds are)
2 tablespoons Kecap Manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
2 tablespoons Sriracha Chili Garlic paste (optional)
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1/2 cup packed chopped fresh Cilantro leaves
4 Chicken breast fillets

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Blend or process together peanuts, red curry paste, coconut milk, kecap manis, sriracha (if using) and cilantro. Taste the paste and make any adjustments if necessary. Spread paste onto each chicken breast fillet, covering the top of the fillet.

Bake in the oven for 18 to 22 minutes until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Check the oven at the 18 minute mark for doneness as you want to take the chicken out of the oven when the chicken is just cooked to avoid drying out.

Serve chicken with a small scoop of rice and some salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment